Hul’q’umi’num Fisheries Limited Partnership is currently accepting proposals for lease of the following commercial license:
Commercial Prawn License FW 38: 37.99’
Commercial Prawn License FW 53: 41.92’
Vessel* ‘Inlet Spirit’: 38.58’
Complete compliment of traps, line, and floats are available to accompany lease of license and vessel, if indicated for within proposal for agreeable consideration.
-Preference will be directed toward offers which are inclusive of Vessel.
*$10,000.00 Retainer for vessel and gear required. Please contact Commercial Fisheries Coordinator for vessel specifics, and or to arrange viewing of the vessel.
Proposals must be submitted to the attention of HFLP Commercial Fisheries Coordinator.
by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or by mail to: 7973B Chemainus Rd., Chemainus, B.C. V0R 1K5
Additional attention may be afforded for the inclusion of any one or a combination of the following value added prospects in any given proposal:
- Paid at sea experience or work opportunity for HFLP affiliate First Nation members (percentage or wages for position(s) will be added to proposal for comparison to other proposals);
- Certification of skipper and or crew (Please indicate specific certifications within submission of proposal);
- Demonstrated sustainable fisheries practices, i.e., This Fish, or other methods of demonstrated sustainability practices, etc.;
- Use of Aboriginal owned vessels and/or fishers from any BC First Nations;
- Market competitive bids from qualified Commercial Aboriginal Fisheries Enterprises are welcome and encouraged;
- Other value added considerations may be presented for consideration.
Proposals must be received no later than Thursday March 5th, 2015
- If the person submitting the proposal is not the intended skipper for the fishing of license/s or quota/s, the skipper must be identified within the proposal.
- Lack of value added prospects in any proposal may not be a delimiting factor in the final decision.
- HFLP reserves the right to negotiate an agreement with any person who submits a proposal even if a proposal does not meet the criteria in this request for proposals.
- HFLP reserves the right to not negotiate an agreement with any and all persons who submit a proposal, and to seek other proposals, either through a further posting or through a sole-sourced initiative of HFLP.