Are you interested in creating interesting, engaging radio stories based on themes provided by Klahoose? Cortes Radio ~ Deep Roots Initiative radio program needs your skill, talent, and energy!
Deep Roots is both a continuation and expansion project of new spoken word programming that begun in 2016. We are excited to have successfully won attention [and funding] for another year. Deep Roots is a collaboration project between CKTZ and Klahoose First Nation.
This year’s project: Short Stories [max 15 min.] originating from Klahoose
- Story themes from Klahoose, as collected and resourced by KFN Coordinator
- Training, coaching and support from Professional radio production staff, throughout the process
- Interview skills, writing for radio, audio skill building and equipment training
- Equipment and technical support from CKTZ Cortes Radio
- Honorarium payment for completed programs
- Bring your creative brilliance and storytelling skills to produce short radio stories (up to 15 min)
- Ability to collaborate with production team and assigned producer
- Willingness to learn and apply new radio production skills
- Agree to commit to all training sessions (3 or more sessions) and coaching
We especially encourage youth writers 16-30 and First Nations voices to apply. Let us know if you are inspired to join Cortes Radio on this journey!
Please apply by email to: email@example.com
We will respond to those selected with an invitation.
Deep Roots Klahoose Coordinator, with Cortes Radio